Top 6 Co-working Spaces in Vancouver
Co-working spaces in Vancouver are on the rise. With a growing population of freelancers and remote workers, the demand for high quality workspaces is real in the Lower Mainland. Beyond freelancers, companies of all sizes utilize co-working spaces, from small businesses settling into their first headquarters to large corporations looking for a temporary office in a new city. As Vancouver becomes more and more prominent as a major tech spot, we’re only going to attract more businesses, and consequently, more co-working spaces.
Co-working spaces can be found from Burnaby to Burrard, and everywhere in between. Here are some of our top picks.
Location: 319 W Hastings (Gastown)
L’Atelier is French for “The Workshop”—a name which perfectly encapsulates the creative work environment found at this co-working hub. As per their website, one of their core values is to #makeworkfeelbetter and they’ve definitely lived up to their motto. This Gastown spot is situated in beautiful heritage building with lots of natural light, comfortable chairs and a plentiful plant life. This Gastown spot is also partnered with other co-working spaces across Canada (Squamish, Whistler, Toronto) and Seattle so full-time members get free access to these locations as well.
- Wide variety of products offered: meeting room bookings, day passes, and more
- One of the most affordable spaces in Vancouver ($450/month for dedicated desk and storage)
- Hosts frequent socials, events and excursions for their member
- L’Atelier on 604List
Location: 4501 Kingsway (Burnaby) & 3007 Glen Drive (Coquitlam)
For freelancers and businesses looking for a base outside of Vancouver, CMPNY has got you covered. With a Burnaby and Coquitlam branch situated in prime locations near malls and SkyTrain lines, commuters can skip the transit by staying suburban. They have daily and monthly options for their hot desks, as well as private office memberships and meeting and event rooms available for booking.
- One of the most affordable options ($30/day for hot desk, $400/month for a private desk, $35/hour for meeting room bookings)
- Specialized rooms available for booking, including a broadcast room for remote meetings and conference calls and a seminar room with a writeable walls and a projector)
- Each membership option comes with at least one hour of meeting room booking and 1 day pass
- On 604List: CMPNY Coquitlam, CMPNY Burnaby
Locations: Throughout Vancouver
New York based co-working giant WeWork has opened seven locations in the Lower Mainland and is home to some major local brands including Lululemon, Nature’s Path Organic Foods and Hershel Supply Co. As one of the biggest players in the co-working industry right now, WeWork is known for their focus on community building and networking. They’re also famous for their artistically-designed interior layouts and mentorship services for startups and entrepreneurs.
- Offers a lot of sweet amenities including: micro-roasted coffee, phone booths, pet-friendly locations and outdoor spaces
- Beautiful interior design and layouts across all locations
- Get access to a wide network of entrepreneurs and startup services
- On 604List: WeWork Pender, WeWork Bental III, WeWork Bentall II, WeWork Seymour, WeWork Main St, WeWork Marine Gateway, WeWork Burnaby
Location: 151 West Hastings (Gastown)
Spaces is an international co-working company with locations in Sweden, Seoul, South Africa and more. Their Vancouver branch is located in Gastown with two more spots in the works. True to their name, Spaces offers, well, a lot of different types of spaces. They’ve got everything from comfortable lounges for casual meetings and brainstorming to quiet booths for solo work to private offices for companies looking for a new home.
- Has a sweet rooftop terrace to relax at after a long day
- Their business club area is a great workspace to network and meet new people every day
- Offers a free day trial!
- On 604List: Spaces
Location: 1275 Venables St. (Strathcona)
Werklab is a beautiful, holistic co-working space a stone’s throw off of Clark Drive. Their guiding principle is that if you “slow down and do the work within, the right work you’re meant to be doing is put out, and is inevitably the work that the world needs from you.” They combine professional development with personal wellness through abundant workspaces and lots of mindfulness-focussed programming. Zen vibes all around.
- Health and wellness focused amenities including a meditation room, aromatherapy station, and daily fitness and wellness classes for members
- Lots of membership perks and discounts to local businesses including fitness studios, restaurants, dentists and aromatherapy product shops.
- They have a super beautiful space. Book it out for an event or even a photo shoot for $100/hour.
- On 604List: Werklab Coworking
Location: 202 – 1965 West 4th Avenue (Kitsilano) and 225 West 8th Avenue (Mt. Pleasant)
Hate being crammed into the bus going downtown every morning? Both of Suite Genius’ branches are situated in the heart of their respective neighbourhoods, so freelancers living in their vicinity can capitalize on their sweet locations. Members can access either location without any extra cost. Their floor plans are open and spacious, with shared workspaces, private offices and event spaces available.