New Microsoft & Slack Offices in Vancouver
(image from lowtideproperties.com)
Microsoft’s New Gastown Space
Microsoft already has locations at 111 West Georgia, 725 Granville, and 858 Beatty Street. The new office space at 155 Water Street will be eating up 75,000 sq feet.
The new space beside Kit and Ace and across from the parkade on Water Street, will be a seven storey building with a main floor reserved for retail.
The building features a 3,800-sq ft rooftop patio and is being developed by Low Tide Properties. They are aiming for completion in 2020.
Slack is Back
One of the most famous startup stories in Vancouver, Slack, is expanding downtown as well. It will be opening a new office at the Bentall 5 building at 550 Burrard Street.
The $20 billion company also has an office in Yaletown and is currently hiring for 139 positions worldwide.
Other Major Office Transactions
- Bosa: 355 Burrard St (6,300 sq ft)
- Investors Group: 666 Burrard St (17,378 sq ft)
- TD Canada Trust: 700 W Georgia St (20th Floor)
- HUB: 505 Burrard St (19th Floor)
- Fairleigh Dickinson University: 89 W Georgia St (Full Floor)
- Global University Systems: 1480 Howe St (75,000 sq ft)
- WeWork: 1045 Howe St (56,000 sq ft)
- Abcellera Biologics: 2131 Manitoba St (4,800 sq ft)
- Pavillion Cowork: 22 E 5th Ave (12,000 sq ft)
- Klohn Crippen Berger: 2985 Virtual Way (10,500 sq ft)
- Revery Architecture: 1706 W 1st Ave (12,000 sq ft)
- City of Vancouver: 525 W Broadway (41,000 sq ft)
- Thinkific: 369 Terminal Ave (10,000 sq ft)
- Gossamer Threads: 2233 Columbia St (7,300 sq ft)
- Yorkville University: 611 Agnes St, New Westminster (24,000 sq ft)
- Lafarge: 7455 132nd St, Surrey (13,000 sq ft)
- Koinonia Church: 13775 Commerce Pkwy, Richmond (7,300 sq ft)
- Smith + Anderson: 6400 Roberts St, Burnaby (17,000 sq ft)